July 2008's TRIZ Journal
Editor | On 07, Jul 2008
By Katie Barry and Ellen Domb
Beverages are this month’s unexpected theme – liquids from vending machines and cappuccinos to be exact, making them more accessible and with less hassle. This month’s bounty of TRIZ articles also includes looks at how TRIZ fits in and around other tools and techniques.
- A great cappuccino foam is hard to create at home without the benefit of a skilled barista at hand. What can make it easier?
- Avoiding single-parameter thinking patterns and paradigms is the subject of Ido Lapidot’s “Using TRIZ to Overcome Vision and Target Failures.”
- Discussions of how to teach TRIZ have another example to draw from in one professor’s quest to make a liquid vending machine adaptable to the amount of money a consumer has in hand.
- No method or tool is successful on its own all of the time. Connecting to other tools and techniques, in fact, can bring even greater success.
- Frequent author Darrell Mann presents “Theories of Everything and TRIZ,” looking at what happens when knowledge is integrated into a theory of everything.
There are several upcoming events that will be of interest to TRIZ Journal readers:
- The second annual Innovation @ the front end is being held September 8-10, 2008 in San Diego, California, U.S.; the theme is “Turning Ingenuity Into Market Performance.”
- TRIZ Journal readers may take 10 percent off registration by quoting “TRIZ Journal.” This discount lasts through July 25!
- The 32nd Product Development & Management Association’s Annual International Conference is the following week, September 15-17, 2008 in Orlando, Florida, U.S.
- TRIZ Journal readers may take 20 percent off registration by quoting “MP081C.”
- Finally, the 4th Annual Lean Six Sigma Improvement Week 2008 is being held September 16-19, 2008 in Chicago.
- TRIZ Journal readers may take 10 percent off registration by quoting “TRIZ.”
Until August, happy TRIZ reading!