Submit an Article
The TRIZ Journal is committed to the idea that by sharing information we will all learn more, faster and in more depth than if we each stand alone.
The TRIZ Journal is interested in publishing articles and/or case studies which explore or relate observations on the process of teaching and learning how to apply TRIZ. Particularly, we seek articles that provide specific ideas or experiences that business practitioners can immediately put to use. Articles can be as technical as the subject requires, but writers should consider that the readers ofÂ The TRIZ JournalÂ are on all experience levels. We prefer articles that offer graphic elements or illustrations to help make issues clearer. While we do not pay for submissions, authors of articles receive the notoriety of being published on The TRIZ Journal, as well as the opportunity to share their professional experience and expertise.
Guidelines for Articles
- Articles should be well-written, informative and directed toward action.
- Articles should include, when possible, graphic elements (graphs, charts, tables, illustrations) to ensure maximum clarity.
- Articles by consultants should not reveal any named-client data without client permission.
- Articles should include a short biography of the author.
- Articles should not be vehicles for self-promotion (Links to authors and their businesses may be included in biographies, but articles aimed at promoting products and/or businesses will not accepted.)
- Articles must be accompanied by the Author Certification statement.
Ideas for Topics
- A lesson learned from a successful project or even a mistake.
- A unique way of solving a problem common to many organizations.
- A surprising result obtained from a tool or test (including the background and need for the test).
- A case study of an interesting/unique project.
- A way to improve the use of an application.
- Something useful learned about deployments, team leadership, project selection or any other related experience.
How to Submit an Article
Authors can submit articles and material for consideration via email or the form below. Submissions should be in aÂ Microsoft Word document that includes the author’s name, email address, title of the article, and a short professional biography. Any graphs, graphics or tables should also be included in the Word document. In addition, the Author Certification statement below must be included in your message. If it is not, your material may not be consideredÂ for publication.
Author Certification: “I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to The TRIZ Journal. I also have the rights to submit any other material, such as images, to the journal that may be used in conjunction with my content for public posting.”
If your piece has already been published previously, then please provide information on where and when it was published and your publishing rights so we have all the necessary information to consider publication with The TRIZ Journal.
By submitting an article, the author gives up no copyright of the material unless otherwise agreed upon by both the author and The TRIZ Journal. No article is subject to exclusivity and the author, being the owner of the material, may edit or remove the article at any time by simply notifying the journal.
For more on our editorial and copyright philosophy, please read ourÂ Editorial and Copyright page.
Submit an Article